Re: Tires & flat spots

Hmmm...
    It's my understanding that flat spots may occur, but they tend to 'work
themselves out' after a bit of riding.  Not sure, but I'll leave my bike for a
month and get back on it - the tires will feel 'lumpy' but after awhile it
disappears.

Mark

Lance LaCerte, Psy.D. wrote:

> Hi gang!,
>
> I would appreciate some feedback on this issue (both ST and non-ST related).
>
> After years of placing both my motorcycles and cars up on blocks for the
> winter to avoid flat spots on the tires, I was told by a close friend that
> the issue of flats spots is now technologically null and void.  He indicated
> that the old nylon tires were problematic, but that new compound/technology,
> etc. does not create flat spots.   We happened to be talking about cars
> (particularly his Porsche with 18" wide profile Pirelli tires), but I
> wondered if anyone could confirm or disconfirm his comments.  Is there a
> differentiation between motorcycles and cars.
>
> Any input would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Lance "Dawgmanaut" LaCerte, Denver, CO    '99 ST

- --

Mark Collett
Michelin Engineer
Unigraphics CAD/CAM user!