Re: Parting is such sweet sorrow

In your message regarding Parting is such sweet sorrow dated Sat, 25 Nov
2000 19:08:29 -0500, norris family said that ...

>nf-  part of the deal when i bought my '99 ST was heated storage at the dealers
>nf-  this year. snow has fallen here and the weather is cold but i kept delaying
>nf-  because i just like to look at the beautiful thing in the garage. today,
>nf-  however, it was reasonably warm, streets were dry, and the time had come. i
>nf-  washed him all over,
             ^^^

'Him' - I thought motorbikes had feminine gender!  Mind you that might
have been because when I started riding they were temperamental, vicious
(kickstart), and cost you lots of money.  Maybe things have changed now :->

BTW, I actually managed a ride on my new (to me) secondhand ST today
because it actually stopped raining in Devon for a few hours.  I ran onto
'reserve' and the fuel warning light came on, filled up to the brim* 10
miles later, and rode off again - it took a good couple of minutes before
the fuel gauge crept off the red and another minute or so before the
'reserve' light went off - is this normal?? [this is the first time I have
put petrol in the tank - the dealer must have almost filled the tank
(that's changed too since I last bought a bike!)]

*fantastic local garage, didn't have to get off bike, didn't have to
remove helmet, only had to remove one glove to sign!

- --
Mike Bostock (still wearing asbestos and kevlar because he knows he is
going to get flamed for sexist remarks)
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/

'99 Red ST

        /\\ ,;%,