Introduction and questions

Hello all,

My name is David Armstrong.  I am 34 years old,
married with two kids (10 mos. and almost 3 yrs) and I
am currently living in Houston, Tx.

I am without a motorcycle at this time, but am the
former owner of an '84 KZ700 (learner), and a '91 VFR
750 (loved it).  Buying of homes, or births of
children have cause me to have to sell my rides.  But
once again I find myself in a position to get back
into it (maybe - hopefully).

I very much liked the VFR and would consider getting
another one like it, but some time back I had the
opportunity to test ride the Sprint ST and was
immediately impressed.  The riding position seemed
much like that of my comfy VFR, but with more grunt, a
great sound, and available luggage.

I was expecting to have to wait until February to buy
a motorcycle due to the timing of bonuses at my job.
And to be honest, I didn't think I'd be able to afford
a Sprint (used or otherwise) on this go-round.  But in
the trader mag I was perusing, I found a '99 with
"slight fairing damage" for $3900.  It sounds too good
to be true and I wanted to confer with some ST owners
about it.

I was going to look into this bike tomorrow (Monday)
and was hoping to get a list of things to look for
specific to the ST.  Any help here would be
appreciated.

Also, are there any previous VFR, Concourse (or other
sport tourer) owners out there who could share their
impressions and lend comparisons between the two?

Please feel free to e-mail me direct at
armstrong750@xxxxxxxxx, or via the list.

Thanks in advance,

David Armstrong