Re: Parting is such sweet sorrow

Mike Bostock wrote:

>the fuel warning light came on, filled up to the brim* 10 miles later, and
rode
> off again - it took a good couple of minutes before the fuel gauge crept
off the
> red and another minute or so before the 'reserve' light went off - is this
> normal??

Well, I think it's normal - mine does that too if I fill up to the brim, but
the guage reacts much more quickly if I only part-fill the tank.  I take it
there's a float on the fuel sensor and if it's fully immersed, it takes a
while to rise to the surface, but if it's only partly immersed, it does what
it's supposed to and floats.  How's that for a technical explanation?

> [this is the first time I have put petrol in the tank - the dealer must
have
> almost filled the tank (that's changed too since I last bought a bike!)]

Nice dealer, can we have his phone number please? ;-)

Neil