RE: GAS MILAGE&FUEL GAGE PROBLEMS

Burt Barrett wrote:

Has anyone out there had problems with gas mileage falling off?

....And what about the new gas gage sender? I know STs have gas gage sender
problems, but no one has ever commented if the new sender actually fixed the
problem.

Funny you should say that. I usually ride my ST almost every day. Recently I
left it for a week. I only got about 37mpg out of the corresponding tank.
Before that I used to get  45mpg and subsequently I have got 45mpg.

Does this mean there is evaporation occurring somewhere, or is there a very
slow leak?

I never had any indication of a leak before I had the sender replaced for
the recall at the 6,000 mile service.

Perhaps I should have adhered to the adage "If it ain't broke, don't fix
it!"

Robert Wilson
London
'00 ST 7600 miles