East Texas Fall Foliage Ride

Howdy,

	Yes I know this is short notice. Buy hey, how was I to know
it would finally stop raining and get pretty, not too mention
warmer? While driving around today I was captivated by the changing
colors of the trees here in the Huntsville area. The oaks are a bit
past their prime, but the sweet gumball trees are flaming. The
colors are all the more brilliant against the backdrop of the dark
green pines. The leaves are falling fast, but hopefully they will
last through the weekend. So here is the deal.
	I have a friend coming up to give the VFR a test ride. I
also have this weekend off. The weather is supposed to be partly
cloudy and sunny with temps in the mid to high sixties during the
day. I have about a four to five hour loop (approx 250 miles) I
like to ride that takes me out past Lake Livingston into the woods
north of Hwy. 190. These roads have very little traffic and good
surface conditions. However, there are likely to be leaves on the
roads so appropriate riding is advised ;-)
	Anyone interested in the ride should be at my house by
9:00-9:30am Saturday morning Dec. 2nd.  It is an hour and a half
ride from the south side of Houston if you come up the Hardy Toll
road and I-45.  It is three from Austin or Dallas/Ft. Worth.  I
live in Huntsville, Tx. on Exit 116 of I-45 (also known as Hwy 30
and Eleventh St.) Go one light from the feeder road east on
Eleventh St. and turn left on Normal Park at the Golden Corral.
After turning left (north) on Normal Park, go down the hill about
1/4 mile to the bottom and then as you start coming up the next
hill, there are duplexes on the left.  Ours is the second duplex,
628 A. We are the front half of the building and you'll see our
bikes out front. Our home phone is 936-295-0187. You can call me at
work if you like at 800-887-1258, just ask for Scott. I'll tear
myself away from installing the Hot Grips on our bikes to talk to
you ;-)
	If we leave by 10:00 am at the latest, it normally puts us
back at our place by 2:30 or 3:00 pm. Typically, we go get BBQ at a
local favorite place and relax. After all the post ride BSing is
done, everyone usually heads out by 4:30 or 5:00.
	I apologize for the short notice, but if you can make it,
we'd love to see you!

Adios,

Scott Friday
98-VFR800@xxxxxxxxxxxx