My cross-eyed bike

Well, I'm exporting the Orient Express from Germany to Scotland this
weekend, so I've just spent a couple of hours replacing the headlights and
speedometer with ones for the correct (ahem, British) side of the road.

The complete lights assembly needs to be replaced - simple enough, after
you've removed the side and cockpit fairings.  Many people have said their
lights are set too by the factory; judging from the tightness of the
adjuster on my ST, I think the factory are doing them all up as tight as
possible, which would make them all low.  Again, simple to adjust - once
you've removed all the fairings.

The ST speedometer is a sealed unit without any way to switch from miles to
km or vice versa, so I had to buy a new miles unit and replace the old km
one.  My bike had done 28,700 km until this evening - now it's only showing
3 miles - I have a new bike and no running-in period - yippee!

The cost of the British bits was DM 1050, about 330 pounds, a lot of money
but still less than it would have cost for the same bits in the UK
(apologies to Jack Lilleys).  Triumph's strange international pricing
policy!

Next, I ride the bike to Edinburgh, then try to register it in the UK -
seems easy enough, but wait and see.  Don't know when I'll get to ride it
next as the Lovely Ballast and I are about to move to South Carolina, US of
A!

Neil