Re: st-digest V2000 #627

In a message dated 11/29/00 12:00:52 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> David, very sorry to hear about your down.  But Lisa is right; the bike is
>  replaceable, you aren't.
>
>  I'd like to hear about what protective gear you were wearing and how you,
>  and it, survived.  Lisa has already done an excellent job of describing the
>  incident and the damage.

Thanks for all the get well responses. No word on the bike yet, it has been
mentioned twice once by the wrecker and by the shop that the rear tire seems
very low on air ?  Upon reflection I might add a few notes to lisa's post.
Before the fall I remember passing a "Duc" that a guy was push starting and
kept checking my rear view to see him. I should have been more focused on
what was ahead not behind. Also I should have been more careful, given that I
had never been on this stretch of road before, the speed I was traveling
would have been more in line with a familiar road.
With respect to protective clothing, RF800  saved me, First gear Kenya jacket
Armour shoulders,elbow,back.Boost pants by Hein Gerike armour knees hips.
Triumph explorer boots. No scrapes or bruises, my right hip was slightly
tender I'm sure it would have been worse without the padding.  Their are
indications of  impact at all the armored areas. Thats it for now, Thanks
again1

David "Bird Dawg" Viosca
99 st (not so stealthy one)
"keep your nose off the pavement"