Re: Falco

I too have been lusting after a Falco.  It looks great, puts out a nice
amount of hp, is light and way cool.  I've test-rode an ST4 and didn't like
it.  I haven't tried the Falco yet although the dealer offers test rides.
Yes, this bike is sportier than the ST.  So if you are the kind of person
who's added risers to your already reasonably placed handle bars (IMHO) then
this bike won't be for you.

David says the seat is uncomfortable.  That can be fixed.  The seat on my
Triumph is also fairly uncomfortable, so I don't see that as much of a
drawback.  I think I just need to buy the damn thing.  I'll have to explain
(beg, cry, plead, feign terminal illness) to my wife why I need two
expensive bikes in the garage.

Also, I've seen the future (ooops, meant the Futuro).  It also looks fine
except the underseat exhaust is enclosed in this triangular thing, which I'm
fairly sure I don't like.  The dashboard will make you think you've bought a
jet-fighter.

Ok, I'll go back to lurking.

Robert

>From: David Ben-Jamin <dbenj@xxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: ST v. Falco v. ST4 unsolicited opinions (was Re: Triumph
>engine design)
>

> >>I've never ridden an Aprilia vehicle with more than 80cc, but it would
>be
> >interesting to compare the Falco to the Sprint.
> >
> >>Daphne
>
>Well, as I've mentioned here before, I sold my ST and bought a Falco. First
>off, as much as Aprilia would like the public to think the Falco is a
>sport-tourer, it really isn't. It's a sport bike, period. It's seating
>position is a bit more relaxed than the Mille but it's a bunch more
>aggressive than the ST. That's O.K., though. That's what I wanted.

End of st-digest V2000 #630