Re: Motorcyclist magazine

 > > One other thing.  Editorial coverage in the magazine has nothing
 > > to do with advertising pages.
 >
 > i personnaly never doubted that ! honest

i have.  :-)

i don't notice it so much with bike reviews, but it seems that anytime
an ad-supported magazine (and i don't think i've actually ever read a
copy of Motorcyclist, so marc shouldn't take this personally :-) does
product reviews, like a big review of "helmets for under $300", or
"protective riding boots" it ends up being a total whitewash, where
every product is praised, with no strong negatives about any of them.
it ends up being a picture gallery sort of thing, with no real content.
it has always felt to me that the magazine didn't want to offend any
current or potential advertisers.

in contrast, reviews from MCN always seem to be harder hitting -- they're
not afraid to pick a "Best" and "Best Buy", and they're willing to do
real testing of the products they compare in reviews.  i haven't seen
a commercial publication that comes close.

paul