RE: Motorcyclist magazine

Bill,

>>>How the motorcycle magazines can continue to place the VFR into the
Sport
Touring class when it is not fitted with factory hard bags is beyond me<<<

So what are the majority of Sprint ST's out there without the OPTIONAL ( &
very expensive) panniers ?
I guess that means I've got a slow but comfortable sports bike using your
definition.

Surely the ST & VFR are more logical competitors for the same market than
putting the VFR with large sports bikes like the ZX9. Does an ST with hard
luggage compete against the likes of Honda's ST1100 & Goldwing, BMW K1200LT
etc ?

Triumph themselves admitted building the ST to compete against the VFR and
targetting the same market segment.

Mark Cook said the VFR was chosen as a "sporty sports tourer", which is
exactly what it is. So is the ST.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST, Melbourne, Australia.