luggage: RS vs. ST

since i'm in questioning mode (and since it doesn't sound like the
engines blow up on a regular basis :-), here's another one:  why is it
that the ST luggage won't go on an RS?  is the rear of the bike
totally incompatible?  is it more than just mounts that are missing?

while we're at it, how much does the ST luggage add to the price?

although the luggage is an attactive feature of the ST, i'm not sure i
care about the glossy color-matched finish (i'll scratch it quickly in
any case), and so could make do with my current soft luggage, or else
givi's if i ever wanted to upgrade, assuming they made an RS fitment -- do
they?

paul