Re: fuel pump cover and fuel senders.

George,

My '00 Sprint ST suffered a leaky fuel pump plate
within its first 400 miles.  I reported it on this
list but no one else seems to have had the same
problem.  Fuel was leaking from the bottom two bolts
on the right hand side of the fuel pump plate.

The plate is sealed with a fairly thick rubber gasket.
 Each bolt has a brass bushing close to the thickness
of the gasket to protect from overtightening.  On my
bike those two bushings were missing from the factory.
 It was leaking so badly I had to remove the tank and
take it to the dealer to be repaired. All they did was
replace the gasket.

I do not know if this is a do-it-yourself process or
not.  If you are comfortable pulling the fuel pump I
would check that first.  Perhaps one of the many
knowledgable folks on this fine list can say if there
are any particulars involved in this operation.

Good luck

Steve

'00 Sprint ST - Blue (the most admired color)