Re: A new lister with another pannier question.

Josh at 05:29 04/10/00 , you wrote:

>To try and cut a long story short I am yet to make a choice on the hard
>panniers or the throw overs. I am planning to make the odd long trip but the
>majority will under 3-400 kms (2-250 miles) and probably won't need luggage.
>I have had a browse at Matt Knowles page which helped a heap, but does
>anyone out there have any close up photos of the hard pannier brackets or
>comments on how they look when the bags aren't attached?

I also planned only a few long trips when I purchased my ST back in March.
In the end I decided on the hard bags for the security.

I am probably an exception as I remove the hard bags and their brackets
from the bike when not in use and place the exhaust in the up position. It
takes maybe 45 minutes to remove them. At first I missed the carrying space
but then realized I carried things just because I could.

Removing the panniers also makes the bike more comfortable for my wife as
she finds the panniers get in her way and make the bike slightly
uncomfortable. If I need to carry luggage I can throw on the tank bag and
harness in maybe 15 minutes, or the wife can carry it;-).

Keith W Peters
Wrexham. UK

"Cymraeg Dawg @ Long Tail (00 Blue ST)