RE: A new lister with another pannier question.

>I am probably an exception as I remove the hard bags and their brackets
>from the bike when not in use and place the exhaust in the up position. It
>takes maybe 45 minutes to remove them. At first I missed the carrying space
>but then realized I carried things just because I could.

Nope, you're not Robinson Crusoe, I also do this. I only need the panniers
for (relatively infrequent) touring and prefer the clean look without
brackets and with muffler raised. I can install the hardware in around
half-an-hour and removal adds little to my normal cleaning regime after a
long trip. This bike's just soooo versatile :-)

Paul Bulfin.