RE: Fuel Sender - Official Recall, Tyre Gauge

1. > I have this morning received notice from Triumph
> of an official "safety" recall to replace "Leaking
> Fuel Level Sender" on my ST.

2. > Looks like Triumph got around to issuing written
> recall notices here in UK as mine arrived this morning.

Snap! Well, nearly ... mine's an RS. Came today.

It'll be interesting to see how quickly we're sorted. I'm told the new part
is understandably in short supply. Luckily mine isn't leaking.

> So how long does a guaranteed to +/- 1 psi gauge
> stay this accurate as most other calibrated items need
> calibrating every so often.

I'm told that the Snap-On gauges like my workshop use stay spot on
(accuracy) and virtually never need adjusting (precision), but of course
they cost. The cheaper things you and I buy (well I do anyway) probably
don't change very fast either (they stay precise), but can be way out even
when new (inaccurate). Or spot on. It's pot luck how they come off the line.
One way round is to buy a good (expensive) gauge, one which you can
calibrate, but which I'd guess would stay good for a long time anyway.
Another is to take a freshly calibrated loose wheel - such as I just happen
to have in my garage presently - into the shop, and try all the cheap ones
until you find a good'n!

And yes, the BT020 does have a very sexy tread pattern, FWIW.

Barry
Sussex, UK