Re: New Member

Carlin Vieri wrote:
> Greetings.  I put a deposit down on a Sapphire Blue '01 ST at
> International Motorcycle Xchange in Hayward, CA, last weekend.  I
> If anyone has experience with IMX, I'd love to hear about it.  They
> seem like a really friendly, family run place, and they're the closest
> dealer to where I live (on Grizzly Peak Blvd in Berkeley, about 5
> minutes from The Wall.  Does that count as a "drive by gloat"?)  I've
> been to Monroe Motors in the City, and Marin BMW/Ducati/Triumph.  Any
> info on local dealers from Bay Area RATs is much appreciated.

Welcome Carlin,

I've delt with IMX for several years and really like them. They were great about
getting me on the road prior to my two week cross country trip. They seem to
have a good customer base as I'm sure you hear from those on the list who has
more dealings with them.

I've had my bike serviced regulary at Cal BMWTri and they seem good, but it's so
ding-a-dang far away.

Marin BMW/Duc/Triumph is also a good dealershhip. I bought my Ducati from them
and had my two BMWs serviced there. I haven't been there as much now that Scott,
the previous shop mgr, left to open a Beemer/Duc shop. They have always been
good to deal with and have loaners. I live in Richmond about 10 miles from the
Marin shop which I'll probably take my RS there for the 12K service as they are
the closest and tax is a percent cheaper.

Why don't you join us this Sat morning for a ride. Paul and a couple other
people are coming by my house around 8AM and we'll ride over to meet up with the
rest of our motely crew in Mill Valley. Contact me off-line if interested.

Tai Day
'00 RS