Re: Nology Hot Wires

Didn't know that's why I asked.  But the site lists wires for 99 ST's.

This is what the website says about the wires:

" A longer spark duration makes the spark weaker, despite what advertisement might claim. Nology Hot Wires work on the age-old formula that power equals work divided by time (power=work/time). Nology's ultra-short duration creates a spark 300 times more powerful than a conventional spark.

When running an engine at 7,500 rpm's or more, there's no time for a long spark duration. A conventional spark duration at 7,500 rpm's will take

135 degrees or crankshaft rotation to complete - weak and inconsistent. Nology takes less than one degree rotation for its ultra powerful,precise, clean spark.

Nology Hot Wires use the highest quality 7mm shielded wire by a pure virgin silicone outer covering. The wires have a further heat shielding to

protect them from temperatures of up to 600 degrees Fahrenheit. The real difference from other wires is the built in capacitor and heavy-duty

grounding strap that give the Hot Wires their ultra powerful spark."

Granted this could be alot of hype.  But I thought it still might be worth asking if anyone had tried them.

At 10:12 AM 10/6/00 PDT, you wrote:

>Don't do it.  Nology has been on cars for a long time.  Don't buy into the

>hype unless you like spending lots of money on pretty wires even though no

>will see them.

>There is very little if anything at all that spark wires can do for

>performace.

>Just on a side note.  I thought that the coils were individual and connected

>to the spark plugs on the 955.  So were are you going to use them?

>Martin

>>From: Lex Offer <<reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>>Subject: Nology Hot Wires

>>Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 23:37:06 -0500