RE: Question about rear hugger

They are indeed a useful item and look great too, IMHO. Trouble is, the
plastic Triumph ones crack. Triumph strengthened the original design but
they still crack. I've been thru' two and my mate cracked one on his Daytona
after only two days' use. Carbon fibre is the way to go here. Lighter,
stronger and looks fantastic (if you like the carbon look, natch). Suggest
you check out Lilleys, they sponsor the list and their products / services
come highly recommended. There are pics under "accessories" at
triumphnet.com. I went for a hugger made locally here in Australia, as the
perilous state of the Aussie dollar these days (currently buying only
US$0.53) makes buying imported bits prohibitive, especially since Customs
slugs us import duty based on the Australian dollar value of the item. The
exchange rate, of course, will work greatly in your favour should you choose
the Pipeline exhaust, as it is Aussie-made (hell, the way the currency's
going, Pipeline may soon have to pay *you* to take it!! Grumble, mumble...)

I am very happy with my hugger. As it extends further rearward than the
Triumph item I did have to move the seat lock, but this is a Good Thing
anyway, and Eric kindly posted excellent instructions for doing this. As to
whether a hugger may fit with a Pipeline exhaust, perhaps David Viosca could
offer his opinion...

Paul Bulfin.

>I imagine this thing is handy for keeping mud and road debris from getting
>on the interior bits of the bike.  I've checked the uploads site and
haven't
>seen any clear pictures (I think one included a picture of a carbon fiber
>hugger, but that wasn't the focus of the picture).  Anybody got any strong
>feelings about the hugger?  Worth the expense?  Also, I'm thinking about
>getting one of those Pipeline exhausts - do you think they'd coexist
>peacefully?

- -JR
'00 Sprint ST (blue) "Lorelei"

http://profiles.msn.com.