RE: Question about rear hugger

>Mine cracked as well. Rather than throwing more huggers at the
>problem, I sealed the crack with some ABS cement and made a small
>plate out of aluminum that goes under the bolt and is pop-riveted to
>the hugger on the other side of the crack.

As it happens, the tech at my dealer does something similar to new huggers
he installs, to prevent cracks. Naturally, I found out about this after mine
was cracked.

>I agree with your findings, in some ways I'm glad as I couldn't understand
>how I seemed to be the only one who thought that the Triumph Hugger wasn't
>really doing a satisfactory job as I always get crud over the shock and
>swing arm and there seems to be an equal amount of crud on top of the
hugger
>as underneath, surely not what was intended.

Too true! The one I have now extends way further over the wheel and covers
more to the sides as well. Another reason I changed.

>Stop driving on big rocks!
>Regards,
>Howard Stephen Serlick

Howard, if only you knew how accurate you were in describing the general
condition of Australian roads :-) Actually, considering the (small) size of
our population, we have some bloody good ones, but we also have more than
our share of shockers! Ever been catapulted from the seat of your machine
'till your ankles were at bar level by a by a bump hidden in the shadow of a
tree on an otherwise smooth road? Talk about sphincter puckering! No wonder
our huggers take their bat & ball and go home.

Paul Bulfin.