RE: st-digest V2000 #529

Previously, you (Vicki & Jim Biscay) wrote:
> Even when my guaranteed "waterproof" gloves got wet, my hands were
> comfortable.  I'm leaving on Saturday for a run to Arizona and may need the
> heated grips again on the early part of the trip but, hopefully, not in
> Arizona.

Earlier this year I rode across Florida from Clearwater (Gulf Coast) to
Titusville (Atlantic side).  From just outside Tampa I was in heavy rain
for the rest of the trip -- 3 hours at the speeds the conditions limited
me to. And, of course, I did NOT have waterproof gloves.

The heated grips were a life saver.  Probably literally.  They were the
difference between cold, stiff fingers with delayed response and
comfortable (albeit soggy) hands with quick response.

It was just after that ride that I bought better boots and waterproofed
them.

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL