Re: California ST's

At 10:37 AM 10/13/00 -0400, Abbyandus2@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Hello all, I've got a question about the California ST's. I know they have
>the emissions parts  and plumbing but what I'm wondering about is if the
>engine itself has been changed or detuned in any way from the 49 state
>version. I'm thinking of buying a bike for sale in Calif. so any help would
>be greatly appreciated.

Mark, I can find no difference in the parts manual for any of the motor
components. I am about 99% sure that the tune is now the same for all
models (CA included). The big difference is caused by the catalytic brick
in the collector portion of the header. To get the same performance as a 49
state model, you would need to replace the header (or cut it open, remove
the cat and weld it back up). From the dyno that I have seen, the CA models
run 6-8 hp behind the 49 state models.

>  Thanks, Mark Olson PS. I've got a 98 Sprint Sport in
>great shape for sale for very little money $3900.00 if any one is looking.
>Got to pay for the new ST somehow. Adios

Great price - send a pic and info to me off list and I will add it to the
for sale page.

- - Eric