Re: Talked to Heli

Kathy

The Heli price is on the website. That's what I meant when I asked if they
were gold-plated!

I'm sure the TBR 'risers' won't fit above the top yoke.

Which as you say leaves ST bars or Genmars.

I've gone for the ST bars. Sorry I can't tell you what they cost, since they
were part of the deal I struck when I bought the bike. But I fitted them
myself, so I know it's problem-free, and I had maybe a month on stock bars
before the change, to compare. They're about 1" higher and 1" further back,
which definitely takes some weight off the wrists. However they're also
flatter and (to me) less comfortable on the wrists/palms, not angled back
and down as much as the RS bars, which I find give a more natural grip
angle.

Which makes me wonder whether RS bars with Genmar risers might not be ideal.
Scott at Genmar says you only need the risers (at $99), no new cables, and
that folk who have done it have reported good results ... and also said he
_thought_ he had a picture of an installed RS somewhere (maybe you'd like to
nag him for it?). They'd still be further forward than the ST bars, true,
but they would be that 1" higher, and would have the better grip angle.

So, although I'm trying to give you unbiased advice, what I REALLY want to
do is talk you into trying the RS bars with Genmars, and letting me know ;-)

Barry
00RS