Re: More on risers

Dear Confusticated

> the gen-mar risers for the ST on their website implies that the brake
> line needs to change, but doesn't mention the clutch cable.  but
> you've implied that on the RS, the clutch cable needs to change, and you
> didn't mention the brake line

On the ST the limiting factor for risers is said to be the (right) brake
cable. On the RS I found that fitting higher ST bars gave no trouble to
either brake or throttle, but on the left the clutch cable starts to run
rather tight around the steering head. It goes, but it's getting tight on
full lock. So with Genmars AS WELL I'd expect the clutch (it's conventional
cable on the RS, remember) will be the limiting factor. Donny has confirmed
this to me - he has ST bars AND risers, and has fitted a Trophy clutch
cable. Donny also says that the throttle can catch on the (low) fairing, but
you just need to swizzle it round a few degrees. But Genmar say that with
the ST/RS risers under the RS bars (which are lower) nothing needs
replacing. Clear? As mud no doubt ;-)

Barry
00RS