Re: clear protective film

At 11:11 PM 10/18/00 -0400, Paul Fox wrote:
>  > I just ordered an additional 120 feet last week from 3M. I talked with
> the
>
>ah -- the man with the answers.  :-)
>
>so, can i do the whole back of the tank at once?  or does it need to
>be done in sections?

Sections - too many complex curves for one piece. I run a large piece from
the seat up to about 3" from the filler neck. Due to the many angles
involved it took me quite a while to get it all down. I supply a smaller
template in the kit and recommend maybe even a little smaller still for
ease  of installation. I then have a couple of larger pieces in the knee
area of the tank and then I cover several spots on the front of the rear
fairing where the bottom half of the leg rests.

Once you do a couple of the smaller ones, you should have no problems with
the larger patterns. The important thing is to take your time and double
check everything before cutting. After that it is pretty easy work.

- - Eric