RE: Riders who wear glasses.

Keith

Can't answer the specs bit as I only need mine for reading!

On the visor front, for fogging, I would strongly recommend the Fog City
insert, although I know not everyone likes them. Both me and SWMBO wear Arai
Quantum F's and these suffered from fogging big time in the winter. Bought
Fog City's for them both last winter and had no problems at all since. Sorry
I lied, the once they did mist was because I had lifted the visor slightly
and the mist formed inside on the back face of the Fog City. For ?15 (Arai
versions are dearer than all others) it was money well spent. They claim
they last for quite a while. Mine has been on for 15 months and is still
fine. Only thing you have to watch is cleaning as they are a bit more prone
to scratches than the visor.

Yes, when you first use it at night it is different. Yes, you do get a very
slight "ghosting" when you have headlights on it. I got used to it within 30
minutes and wouldn't be without it now!

I cannot say anything about Rain-X, never tried it on a visor, so don't know
if it effects the acrylic. I now we used to use it on aircraft windscreens
for the very reason we are talking about with some success. The down side
is, it is effective, so long as you apply it properly, like polishing it on.
Not bad on a visor, takes ages on the area of a windscreen! The other
negative is if you touch it like with a glove or something as you do, it
becomes ineffective. We used to spend hours on a windscreen,  then the
pilots would use the wipers over the top and that was the end of that!!

Back to the glasses, I don't know if it would be valid, but from a different
point of view, in a scuba mask you have fogging problems just the same.
There are a multitude of "preparations" commercially available, which are
supposed to stop this. Most you rub onto the lens and then rinse off and it
stops it. I've tried them all and reckon plain old washing up liquid applied
like described is as good as any, cheap and readily available. Have to make
sure you rinse it properly though otherwise it don't half make your eyes
sting!

Good luck with whatever you do!!

Dave McCarthy - 00 Blue

Plymouth