re: paul fox alternate grips

Paul et all:

Paul Fox wrote:

hi --

a couple of questions about heated grips:
<snip>
is the throttle sleeve on the RS/ST a smooth
cylinder?
<Snip>

splined to mate with the inside of the
suzuki grips -- those splines had to be trimmed to accomodate the
Kimpex heater wraps.  not a big deal, but just one more impediment if
i wanted to put them on the RS.

paul
=---------------------
  paul fox, pgf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (arlington, ma, where it's 52.3 degrees)
  'oh-oh Sprint RS, '91 VX800, DoD #1462, AMA #545601

NO! (at least on the ST)

Just put "Hot Grip" type grips on my ST with favorable results, but had to trim
splines with
an x-acto knife.

All in all maybe 2 hours for the complete install.

I ran it straight to the battery but will put in a switched relay eventually if
I can find out the answer to your question of
what electrical connector is used for the stock grips (I'm pretty sure it's
under the left front fairing).

I may purchase a new left bar and throttle sleeve if I want to run "spongy"
grips in the summer.

The grips I got I picked up when I was in Germany for a tidy 49 marks  (25. US)

so I may be able to have an extra bar type set-up, if I find it advantageous,
for less than stock heated grips

Anybody have an extra left ST bar for sale?, Know how much they cost?, know if
they are sold each, or in pairs?

Jay Welsh in Peabody Ma (where it's nice out on a Sat Morning)
'00 Blue ST with 6000 troublefree miles (and a wicked cool pipeline exhaust)