Opinions on the bike..

Dean Harris wrote: Wow.  What a great web site resource and an e-mail
list to boot.
	The best. You can thank Weasel dawg for that.

I prefer low to midrange punch.
	You got that with a screaming top end to boot. Just seamless:-)

I prefer the ST as opposed to the RS looks wise.
	To each his own but it doesn't hurt that you have excellent taste.

When you went about buying the bike what other bikes did you try out and
what were your short takes on them?
	Suzuki 750 Kantana.

Why did you chose the ST over them?
	Just ride it once and ask no more.

Do you regret your decision at all?
	No. No. No. No. No. No. Did I say no?

the full fairing for longer rides and the Sprint just seems more
versatile.
	True statement.

suspect I'll check out the competition for fun...BMW, Ducati, maybe the
VFR800.
	Ride the ST last or you won't check the others out.

as competition for us poorer folk is the new Bandit 1200S.
	Have you priced insurance yet? The price difference was the same on the
750 Kantana after two years!

What would be the average range on a tank of gas?
	200-230 miles at any riding pace.

Does the addition of the pannier system effect mileage much?
	Nope.

Any idea what insurance would be for someone in NY, 30yrs old, single,
no tickets?
	Nope but I'm 52, married, no tickets and pay $189.00 annual for full
coverage. The kantana was quoted at $970.00 for a higher deductible.
What price difference?

Ballpark?
	The Ball Park in Arlington.

What are the weaknesses of the bike?
	There all listed right here in this bracket (...).

Have read about the fuel gauge- but understand due to the tank design it
drops quickly top half and more slowly bottom half.
	So does my Chevrolet truck. After the first 80 miles it's linear. Easy
to get used to. It's true that some have had problems. I hope Triumph
fixes theirs if not already or in progress. My old bike didn't even have
a fuel gauge so if that's the decider check the bike out first.

Read somewhere the front end is a bit softly sprung?
	Like my wife, I like the front end on my ST. Soft but useable.

Is this easy to rectify?
	Racetech springs at about ninety bucks.

Read something here about 'mushy breaks'.
	Some seem to complain but mine have been great for 11,000 miles and 22
months.

Though- I suppose the verdict is out and overall there are no major
issues with the engine or electrical system?
	True. One or two failures in all listers on this site.

Are the stock tires okay or do folks tend to get rid of them quickly?
	The stock tires will be gone in 5,000 miles anyway but are adequate to
good. We've tries everything else and I think that we each have our
favorites.

How is the EFI system overall?
	Wonderful. Seamless, responsive, great to push the button and not fool
with a choke, etc.

What is a good 'out the door' price for an ST with the 2 box pannier
system?
	Two dollars would be very good. I paid $10,500 out the door with two
box installed, title, tax, license, set up, and shipping but don't think
you can find that now.

Anything you wish to add to consider for my decision making process is
appreciated.  I hope to start some demo rides this spring.
	Don't do the demo on this bike unless you really want to buy a new
bike.

I'm leaning very heavily towards the Sprint ST.
	repeat the above statement.

Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"