ST, Speed III or 99+ Daytona Motor

Speaking of motors,

One of our Speed Triples went off the road and the side stand hit a rock on
the way into the ditch. Nobody hurt and the bike has only minor cosmetic
damage, but the stand broke a 2x3" hole in the lower case. Just got the word
from Triumph, they want $CDN4000.00+ for the upper and lower cases. Forget
the labour, that's at least another $2K.

Anybody out there know of a 955 motor out there I can buy? Preferably a ST,
Speed III but a 99 or newer Daytona motor will do. It would be a shame to
scrap the bike, but fixing this motor is going to be more trouble than it is
worth.
Does anybody know if you can weld cases without distorting the whole thing
out of whack?

The woes of running a motorcycle touring company...
Thanks in advance...

Mike Ciebien
Rocky Mountain Motorcycle Holidays
www.rockymtnmoto.com