Garmin GPS (Was: For Greg Deshai

I had been waiting for an appropriate time to post these pics and now
seems
to be good.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Garmin eMap mounted on the
handlebars
of the RS

http://community.webshots.com/photo/3411823/3412161BeiQKlTwSJ
http://community.webshots.com/photo/3411823/3412266auNNEtIszp

I am not one to brag but even I was very impressed with the results. The
mounting bracket was stolen off one of my CatEye bicycle lights and
allows
me to unclip the GPS when I park up for the night.
Just to be on the safe side I loop the lanyard around the bars incase
the the clip fails.

I bought the Garmin cigarette power adaptor which I intended to plug
into
the Triumph accessory socket but CalBMWTri were out of stock when I went
to buy one so I had to make my own.

Now the only problem is that it is easy to hit the wrong button when I'm
trying to operate the gps with my motorcycle gloves on.

Cheers,
KEv

> Greg:
>
> I also use a Garmin e-map.  I keep mine in the map pocket of the tank bag
> which is not the greatest because you have to look to far from the road to
> read it while riding.  How is yours mounted?
<snip>

> Eric Drayer
- --
Kevin Unthank         \  Dad always thought laughter was the best
Sun Microsystems       \  medicine, which I guess is why several
kevin.unthank@xxxxxxx   \  of us died of tuberculosis.
www.off-road.com/~unthank\                          -- Jack Handy