EMS question

Today on the way to work I pulled in for fuel, when I turned the ST off I
(kind of) did'nt turn the key all the way to "off".  This caused a weird
event in that all the warning lights on the dash were showing, but the motor
was still idling.  I turned it all the way off and went about re-fueling.
When I tried to start the ST again it "chugged" then died.  Tried to start
it again, same thing.  Tried several more times for same result... PANIC !!!
   Wheeled it over to the other side of the garage, turned the ignition off,
then on again and all was well - started first time.  Do you think that the
EMS got all messed up over how I did'nt turn the key all the way to off?  If
so do you think it would have caused any permanant damage?

Thanks guys,
Michael.