Sigma 800 sporadic operation....

Greetings,

While we are on the subject of Sigma cyclometers....

Anyone else had problems with their Sigma 800 having a very sporadic velocity
display? Mine may show the correct speed while covering a distance of anywhere
from 1 mile to 60 miles. Then its display suddenly shows a speed in the range of
0mph to the correct speed. It eventually degrades to showing a constant 0mph
during the remainder of a ride. What is this group's collective wisdom that will
permanently correct this problem? I installed the magnet and pickup in the manner
described on the Sprint ST/RS web site's Sigma page. The magnet is about 3/16"
thick and its diameter is about 0.5".

Thanks!

Kevin Hoskins
Audio Applications, National Semiconductor Corp.
408-721-2594
"Just because you can does not mean you should."