70 miles .. .and counting.

Hi:
The rain let-off a bit in Seattle today so I was able to get in some
quality miles on my new RS.  @ 70 miles now :-)
It takes real restraint to ride at 60 mph in the slow lane.  At least I'll
be able to use the HOV lane when the rev limit goes up to 5000...
First off, this is a wonderful bike!  Really confidence inspiring which is
great since I'm a newcomer to the world of street riding, and stunning to
look at!

Okay - some questions occurred to me.  Bike riders acknowledge each other
right?  A wave is customary (as I found yesterday).  But how about Harley
riders?  The ones I encountered today did not return the greeting so I was
wondering if Harley riders only acknowledge other Harley riders?  Or were
these just Harley bigots?  ;-)

On the delivery oil used during break-in thread, my dealer told me my RS
was serviced with Synthetic oil right from new (I specifically asked).  I
thought this odd since (with cars) I have always avoided Synthetic oil for
the first few thousand miles (after rebuilding) to allow the rings to seat
properly and the bearings to settle.  Synthetic oil just lubricates too
well, is what I have always been told...

My bike also takes a bit of cranking before starting when the engine is
very cold.  Its garaged, but still, was probably 40 degrees in the
garage.  I'm hoping this improves as it is run-in.

I'd also like recommendations on chain lube.  On my dual sport Honda
(ridden off-road), I used ChainWax (applied frequently) - I see Triumph
seems to have used a more grease-like lube.  What is the consensus on the
best chain lube and frequency of application?

Cheers for now
Michael
Bellevue, WA (hoping for good weather tomorrow!)
2000 Triumph Sprint RS yellow
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6