Oil in Triumphs

    The oil in Triumphs is supposed to be "running in oil" when you get them
new. I assume they either come with it in the crankcase or the dealer is
supposed to put it in during setup. You shouldn't have to concern yourself
with it, except to get it changed out at 500 miles. If they rebuild your
motor, remind them. They should know this.
    Also, some people think the dealer is dumping in the 4 liter jugs. I
have not had a problem just dumping in the entire 4 liter jug. That should
be fine as the specs say the Sprint takes 4 liters. If checked with both
wheels on the ground, it reads between the lines on the level glass. The
dealers who use the jugs must be smaller. They told me at Trackstar that
they order by the drum (bulk). Then you should check it when you pick it up.
I do it myself. It takes 10 minutes. The hardest part is getting oil.
Triumph is not supplying dealers with what they order in the 4 liter jugs.
Trackstar says they (Triumph) ration it out and are recommending Spectra. My
biggest gripe is that with the 4 liter jugs, you either have to take it to
the dealer if it gets low or have another 4 liter jug available to top it
off. I wish they had quarts or liters available for sale.
Ciao,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $7.99/mo! ------