Re: 70 miles .. .and counting.

Hi Michael...

> Okay - some questions occurred to me.  Bike riders acknowledge each other
> right?  A wave is customary (as I found yesterday).  But how about Harley
> riders?  The ones I encountered today did not return the greeting so I was
> wondering if Harley riders only acknowledge other Harley riders?  Or were
> these just Harley bigots?  ;-)

:-)  A motorcyclist is a motorcyclist irregardless as to what kind of
bike they ride.  So, I wave to everybody.  I think you'll find that
some cruiser people don't wave and some throw attitude, but I think
that's a minority.   Oddly enough, I've found that me of them wave
out on the country roads around here rather than near the city.
Haven't figured that one out yet!

> On the delivery oil used during break-in thread, my dealer told me my RS
> was serviced with Synthetic oil right from new (I specifically asked).  I
> thought this odd since (with cars) I have always avoided Synthetic oil for
> the first few thousand miles (after rebuilding) to allow the rings to seat
> properly and the bearings to settle.  Synthetic oil just lubricates too
> well, is what I have always been told...

I just asked this question yesterday on the list.  Everyone on the list
is telling me that for break-in it comes with non-synth oil.

> My bike also takes a bit of cranking before starting when the engine is
> very cold.  Its garaged, but still, was probably 40 degrees in the
> garage.  I'm hoping this improves as it is run-in.

Make sure you wait until the pump noise (or whatever that buzz is)
quits before trying to start it.  After I started doing that I haven't
had any problems starting it.

Kathy