for Michael - new RS

 >>> Bike riders acknowledge each other right?  A wave is customary
<<<

    Everyone with two-wheels and a motor gets a wave from me; Harley,
scooter, Gold Wing, crotch-rocket or cop... I don't care.  Care even
less if they wave back or not, that's their problem!

 >>> my dealer told me my RS was serviced with Synthetic oil right
from new (I specifically asked) <<<

    You better hope he was wrong!  The break-in oil comes in it's own
gallon jug and is, if I remember right, mineral based.  Each time I
buy
a new Triumph, I buy a jug of the break-in oil and change it after
approx. one hundred (100) miles (just a habit left over from the
'good old days').  The first synthetic goes in no sooner than the
first (600 mile) service.

 >>> My bike also takes a bit of cranking before starting when the
engine is very cold <<<

    Most of us have had that problem until we've formed the habit of
shutting the engine off ONLY with the key!        =8o)

 >>> I'd also like recommendations on chain lube <<<

    Yes and no!  Yes, lube it;,,, no, it doesn't matter with what!

                                           Have fun;

                                               doggydo   - - - o%\o

           Remember to vote,... and may the worst man lose!