Re: Fuel Economy and top rack removal

At 10:46 PM 10/29/00 -0500, KEGLER916@xxxxxxx wrote:
>    Great idea and great timing as I'm about to install my second top rack.

Glad to be of service.

>May I bought a 2000 ST and installed a top rack. It didn't go on easy at all.
>I had to grind the ears off the front bracket in order to get the holes to
>line up with the strengthening plate. I was told by my dealer it should bolt

It should bolt right up, but I have heard of a few that had to do similar
things to get everything to fit.

>right up. Last month I purchased a 2001 ST (Color change). I had the dealer
>send back my removed rack and reorder a new one. Hopefully I'll have less
>problems this time around. Any comments?

Well, it's been a while since I did mine, so it is nothing more than a blur
at this point. Where only have had a problem with the plates not fitting
properly, I have to assume that it is a tolerance issue and the switch in
bikes should remove the problem all together.

Was the only reason to change bikes simply the colour change ?

- - Eric