trip report

I have just returned from the week late rally trip.  I rode the Blue Ridge
Parkway for 300 some miles, did the Cheraloha Skyway, rode the Ohio scenic
River Road, mucho Virginia Byways, and returned to Chicago by the long and
scenic route.  The Sprint performed flawlessly and it's limits are much
higher than mine.  I did notice that  twice it refused to start or once
actually quit running, but opening the gas tank cap immediately solved the
problem..Both times soon after refueling.  I also noticed that under 3000 rpm
while in first gear the engine rattles but upon reading the posts I saw that
was just a characteristic of the engine.  I find it hard to alway keep over
4000 rpm when in dense traffic or when in really tight corners when a
downshift could be tough. Any reassurance that the rattle is normal would be
helpful.  Anyway, I love the bike and am looking forward to more trips.
John Conneely