Re:RS power shortage

Actually they aren't the same motor.  There are different cams, pistons and
bore liners, along with a different fuel injection tune.  All these changes
were made to increase longevity of the motor, at the cost of some
performance.  The Speed Triple tune can be downloaded, and some have
reported a power gain, along with the race can.  The down side is you lose
the fuel gage, course I can't remember if the RS has one, so it may be a
moot point.
BTW, I think this is a first, someone who rode a Sprint and didn't need one
right away.  You sir, have amazing self restant :)

Steven "Dirty Dawg" Kohlscheen

Bill Edwards wrote:
As a prospective RS buyer, I had a chance to ride a 2K  955RS at Simi valley
Triumph last weekend.
based on the ride I had in april of 99 on a 955 speed triple at Sears point
raceway Triumph test rides, the 2K Rs felt noticeably  weaker in
accelleration and top end.
These are supposed to be the same engine, what's the story Triumph???????
Where's the 10+ horses, untill I get a satisfactory I'm postponing my
purchase.