Re: track day

Track Day observations: Remove the mirrors, leaving them on with tape will
distract the shit out of you, 'cuz you'll try to use them. Taillight is a
simple plug in the little compartment ahead of the light. Never had to
disable the headlight.
Bring some water or sport drink, and intake generously throughout the day.
You won't believe how much this helps your concentration. Listen carefully
to the coordinator or instructor, if you follow the rules and insights they
present, it makes for a much more relaxing experience.
About the ST: Either remove or cut the peg feelers in half (unless you're
used to dragging them) 'cuz they'll become a pain in the ass as you start
romping into corners.
Practice hitting the rev limiter (before you go out there) as the ST has
nothing for overrev. Your baby will start pulling like a freight train and
suddenly Blatt.... Blatt... Blatt..., very disconcerting in a high speed
corner! If you've experienced it previously, it's much less bothersome.
Don't know how much you weigh (I'm 190lbs. with full gear) but with the
stock suspenders, I ended up burying the fork preload and the rear worked OK
at 6 or 7 turns (not clicks) out from bottom. Left the rebound stock.
Most of all relax, breath in through the nose (I swear it helps) be
courteous to the folks you're sharing the track with and you'll have a great
time.

Jim "Desert Dawg" Schroeder
Lancaster, CA
'99 Sprint ST "Sable"