Re:17-tooth front vs. Race Can

At 10:32 AM 9/4/00 -0700, Jan and Don Draper wrote:
>So yeah, for me, the stock gearing was too high; and now it's
>about right.  I wouldn't recommend the 17-tooth for everybody;
>but it's definitely the way to go for mountain riders.

I agree - I wouldn't recommend it for everyone, but for me it gives me much
faster starts (ask anybody that rides behind me) and lets me use 2-4 for
the twisties instead of 1-3.

As someone else mentioned, one downfall is the decreased fuel economy,
although even with the reduction, I can still hit 200 miles, so I am happy.

>P.S.  Hope "Blue Dawg" wasn't taken and it's OK to just appropriate
>         a "Dawg Tag" :-) .

The official list of Dawgs can be found on the TSRA website at
http://www.tsra.cc

- - Eric