Re: RAT Pack

Clearly not just a sore spot for me but for several others on the list as
well....

I tend to favor the notion that the weak link in RAT is the dealer.  I used
to do the Sunday ride w/Kari at California BMW Triumph until I relo'd to
Minnesota in 99; almost always a nice turnout, regardless of make, and they
even teamed up with Bill from Santa Cruz BMW/Triumph every once in a while,
really nice.

We have an good dealer here in the Twin Cities called Trackstar, but they
tend to play to their tatoo'd Ducati customer base and don't seem really
ingterested in sponsering rides...they will tell you to can hang out at
Bob's Java Hut on Sat/Sun and maybe something will develop...

I also doubt that we'll see much more factory sponsorship beyond what exists
today; I don't think there is enough customer base in the U.S. yet for
Triumph to provide the kind of support that BMW and Harley does.

Anyhow, we're trying to jump start a new RAT pack here in the Twin Cities
and have had one meeting at Trackstar's Motor Oil Cafe. If your in the Twin
Cities area and are interested, drop me a line and I'll get you the details.

Jay