Race Tech

For those considering the Race Tech mod.  I did it and it is definately an
improvement.  Worth the $240.  If you're on a budget, consider just doing
springs for less than $100 and much, much less work.  I believe you get 80%
of the benefit at 40% of the cost and a hell of a lot less work.  Progressive
Springs for your weight should do nicely with the stock damping.  For those
doing the full RT emmulator setup, I did the work myself and it is time
consuming and you have to remove the forks, but it is not all that difficult.
 I went with 1kg springs for my 210lbs sans gear.  I started with the
recomended 5w, but went up to 7w as the 5w was not enough to dampen the heavy
springs.  10w and 15w fork oil seems very like a lot of rebound damping for
.90 spring s with RT emmulators.  What did RT say about it?  My Emmulators
started a 2.5 turns and are now at the recomneded 2.0 turns.  The ride is
plush yet firm and I do not regret the spring size and would not go to .95kg
in my case.  Preload is set for a sag of 35mm with rider.  Just though I'd
throw that out there for those interested.

Rick Paukert
Horn Dawg