Re: Won't start

At 08:39 AM 9/10/00 -0400, TF32@xxxxxxx wrote:
>Just went out to the ST for a morning ride and it will not start.  It has
>been sitting for two weeks.  Last time I was on it, I was returning from a
>3000 mile ride from St.Louis around Lake Superior from Thunder Bay to Niagara
>Falls and back.  Finally got caught up enough to ride again.  Anyway turned
>it on, hit the start button, started to fire, then heard the fire stop and
>got more of a high pitched turning over.  Starter is engaged and turning the
>engine over.  Sounds like it just isn't firing.  Checked the obvious, fuel,
>fuel pump sound, fuses etc.  I guess it is time to borrow a trailer.  Anyone
>have any suggestions?

A couple of people have had this happen - Rick and Ken come to mind - both
instances where the bike had been ridden and then put away for a few weeks.
Both seemed to be related to not having the fuel system prime properly.
Rick ended up taking his to the dealer while Ken's finally started as they
were hooking up the trailer.....

Just guessing, but maybe you should try cycling the key several times to
see if that takes care of the problem (as it pressurizes the system when
you switch the key)

- - Eric