ST's vs. RS's (was RS owners: BT020....)

- -----Original Message-----
From: Jim Karl Gagné <jim.jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, September 11, 2000 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: RS owners: BT-020 info wanted

>.< In fact, I think I got a longer, deeper scraping sound on 17, and a
>little high-speed tick on 100B  :-)
>
> were we on the same road, because thats not the way i remember it !?! 8^)

Jim,

Consider this: Same road, yes, BUT...my RS has much shorter peg feelers to
start with than your ST, and my left one was 1/2 gone when we started. Add
to that, I was 1/2 off the seat, you weren't. Therefore, I *had* to have the
higher corner speed of the two.   ;-)

>< I had a GREAT time riding with Jim and his black ST-mounted friend
Robert.
> <Those Canadiens know how to ride! Good guys to be around, even if Jim has
>an
> <occasional low-gravity problem at the front of his red ST.
>
>  problem ? what problem ? 8^)

Perhaps you were just using your headlight to search for birds in the trees?
No problem! :-)

>  you forgot to inform the list as to which colour is faster. 8^D  <

Red ST's go faster than yellow RS's. There, I said it. It may be that the ST
has taller gearing for WFO operation. Or, it may be that the 30yr old single
guy will *always* go faster than the 40yr old guy with a wife & 3 kids, all
else being equal. You can win that one anytime, against me, that is. No
problem!  :-)

>  BTW what does OTOH mean ?<

Now you know.

>i really hope to ride with you again, good rider, top guy.<

Same here, Jim Karl! You know where and when to "have fun", and when to play
it cool. That's the way to be, and the way I like it.

Regards,

Ken M.

End of st-digest V2000 #469