Re: Rear wheel removal problem

At 09:41 AM 9/12/00 -0700, Oliver J. Mayer wrote:
>OK. Sounds easy enough. Looked at the instructions on Eric's site, got the
>46mm socket, adapter, 14 in. long ratchet, removed the muffler, remove the
>nut ... not even!
>   I ate my wheaties this morning but the nut is not moving a mm. Do you
> have to be King Kong to loosen this thing? I suspect I need more leverage
> in the form of a pipe perhaps. Any help is appreaciated. Thanks.

Hey, I never said to use a 14" rachet....

I personally use a rear stand as I get more height than the center stand
and it is a whole lot more secure. Without the rear stand, I would
recommend loosening the nut while the bike is on the side stand. I use a
20" torque wrench and find it quite easy to remove the nut.

If you want to see a nut that is really hard to take off, wait until you
try and remove the nut securing the front sprocket. My first attempt ended
with a shattered socket.......

- - Eric