Re: petrol shortage

Matt -- I'd suggest looking on any news service on the net for a current
update (eg. cnn.com), but it's a trucker's revolt and they've blockaded the
gas depots and refineries.  They want the gov't to back off on gas taxes to
offset the hikes in the international price of crude.  So many pumps have
run dry and everyone loses.  PM Tony Blair has refused to cut the gas taxes
and I understand that the blockades are beginning to crumble (at least in
the UK).

It could EASILY happen here too!

Ironically we are in the midst of a price war here in Vancouver, BC, and
today I passed stations advertising regular at 67.8 cents a litre.  I think
it will be short-lived however, and usually means that we're in for a major
hike.  About a week ago the average price was more like 80 cents a litre,
and they say it's likely to go much higher.

Ciao