RaceTech UpDate

Had some changes made to the front end today and WOW it's much
better. So for those that want to know here goes. Springs are .95kg
Emulators are back to 2 turns ( FWIW I would not recommend that they
get set any more than 2 turns for the street) I had set them to 2.5
but that is wrong , keep them at 2 and maybe less, more on that in a
minute. Oil is Silkolene, a 50/50 mix of 10wt and 15wt.. 10 is a bit
too fast.. And we felt that the 15 would be too slow, especially in
cold weather. Another tidbit, you should have seen the old oil after
only 6,000 miles man was it was black! Anyway my tech who did the
work also raised the oil level by 5mm over the recommenced level..
sorry I can't remember why ..but there is a good reason :-)   As for
the emulators there is a LOT of tweaking that can be done to these
things, bigger holes different springs etc. Regarding less turns on
the emulators , thought is that since there is overlap on the
compression side with the thicker oil that one might reduce the turns
on the emulators if the initial compression spike/hit is too sharp.
And I may have the emulators turned back to 1.75 but I'm gonna try it
at 2 turns for a bit. Also for anyone that's going to do the RaceTech
upgrade most important thing DO NOT USE 5wt oil it is MUCH too light.
I know that's what RT are recommending but they are wrong , at least
a 10wt depending on your preference and springs. BTW with the new
thicker oil and the reduced turns on the emulators front end dive is
much reduced and the front end has great control. For those of you
thinking of going to 15wt try the mix I mentioned it may give you the
extra control you're looking for. Also if anyone does this or the
15wt and reduces the emulator turns let me know what you think.

Erik