Re: [Fwd: Fwd: IMPORTANT]

>Couple things.  The $50 tax is a one-time tax on manufacture.
>There is also a transfer tax provision.  The whole thing is
>under Treasury and the IRS, and requires registration, but there
>is no mention of registration on the 1040; other forms to be used
>for registration purposes are mentioned.  Mr. Reed has also
>introduced a bill to make handguns covered under the Consumer
>Product Safety Act, so that, presumably, any gun capable of
>hurting people would open the manufacturer to liability.

Unreal.  Let's see if I can get into that mentality:  I think I'll go sit
on my ST with the side stand up, lift up my feet, and sue Triumph if I'm
hurt when the bike falls over on me.  Of course, I can't be responsible for
that!  ;^)

I guess there's one born every... (way too often).

Dan
'00 ST

End of st-digest V2000 #477