Apologies to list (was Re: New file uploaded)

Previously, you (Thomas Emberson) wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Blake Sobiloff wrote:
>
> > Ooooooh, that's rich! Can we run a contest to decide what you should do
> > to him? Maybe Steve Lilley can come up with something terribly creative
> > as a boobie prize.
> >
> > Here's my suggestion: Force him to ride pillion with you for a few days.
> > If the drivers are as bad a you say, Bill, there should be several
> > opportunities for him to become acquainted with the pucker factor. :-)
>
> What did [s]he say about cutting you off anyway?

OK, I have to apologize.  I exagerated a bit for effect.

Shortly after I got to the office the sales guy came in to ask if it was
me he had cut off this morning, and if so he was sorry.  After
completing his turn he looked in his rearview and discovered a bike that
he hadn't previously seen!

Well, he had pulled out in front of me ... by about 1/2 a block or so.
That meant that instead of continuing to accelerate I had to ease off
the throttle ... not even touch the brake ... and match speeds behind
him.  Of course from his point of view I just seemed to appear behind
him.

So, no, he really didn't cut me off.  He just got in the way of me
having fun with the throttle! Which is a serious enough offense as far
as I'm concerned.  ;-)

However, being a sales guy I decided not to let him off too easily!
Maybe I should threaten to send him back to visit our toughest customer
in the middle of nowhere, MI.  ;-)

- --
Bill "Bench Dawg" Flowers
Clearwater FL